Wednesday, July 4, 2012

Yay America

Happy 4th of July!  Living in Japan has taught me a few things over the last 2 years like:  how to eat extremely well with chop sticks, how to drive on the other side of the road, and most of all, how to love America like crazy.  I will never take America for granted again and I have to say I have so much pride and love for our country. 

Last night (on the 3rd for some reason) we went to a 4th of July celebration and saw a fireworks show.  Love fireworks.  Every time. 

Today I had a great morning at the barn and now I'm relaxing sipping my delish homemade margarita on this beautiful summer 4th of July day.  I love me some margs.  I thought I'd share with you this marg recipe because it's easy and too good not to share! I have to give credit to my lil Hope for introducing me to this. 

In the blender: I cut up about six or eight limes, two lemons, squeeze, add two to three full tablespoons of homemade simple syrup or agave nectar, 1/2 cup tequila (or more depending on how adventurous you're feeling!) and 1/2 cup cointreau or orange liqueur. Lots of ice!

Cheers and Happy 4th of July to you!!   Happy Birthday AMERICA!! 

2 comments:

Mary said...

I could not agree more about how living abroad has taught me to truly love and appreciate our awesome America. :) Fireworks and homemade margaritas -- a fitting tribute!

Kari said...

I also agree. Living in Japan has also brought a huge respect for our host nation too. I think going back to the states someday will be more of a culture shock than moving here was!