Friday, October 19, 2012

Derby Day

For the Fall Horse Show this year I put together a Kentucky Derby themed event.  We had relay races, an obstacle course, "steeplechase" jumping and of course big hats!  Everyone did really well and it was a fun day. 

It was kind of bitter sweet for me, this was my last time coordinating a show at this barn and my last time coaching my kiddos at their competition.  I'm done teaching out there next month.  I have such an attachment to my students and the horses, it will be very hard to step down next month and let the next group of ladies take the reins. But, at the same time this job has been such a struggle and it will be nice to pass on the worry and stress to someone else! Through it all I love this barn and my job.  Especially this guy!


1 comment:

My Traveling Troop said...

Looks like a fun event! Love the theme!

Cheers,
Kristina