Friday, November 28, 2014

Thankful Thanksgiving



I hope you all had a wonderful, happy Thanksgiving!  This might have been the first year ever when we just celebrated ourselves without any friends or family.  It was a little sad, but also kind of nice to just do our own thing, be on our own schedule and just stay in comfy clothes all day.  Paxton turned 17 months on Thanksgiving Day and so we had an extra special gift to be thankful for, our happy, healthy, vibrant little boy. 







I  make an apple pie every year, so it was extra special that Paxton wanted to be apart of this years tradition.  He climbed right up onto the kitchen stool to watch me and it filled my heart with so much joy that he wanted to be apart of it all. 






When the pie came out of the oven Paxton was still napping, so we went ahead and had dessert before our dinner which is something I totally loved because I could totally just eat the pie and forget about all the rest.  Sweet tooth forever.  I made a chicken, roasted green beans, a sweet potato and cranberry casserole, crescent rolls (because they are Brad's favorite), broke out the fancy china and we totally enjoyed our little feast.  And we totally had another piece of pie after dinner too!  It was the day of over indulgence after all.  I hope your day was relaxing, peaceful and that you were surrounded by the people you love.  Happy Thanksgiving from the bottom of my grateful heart. 



No comments: