Friday, September 10, 2010

Finally Fall

September is my favorite month. This week I put out all my fun fall decorations even though it still feels like the heat of summer out and fall colors probably will not make an appearance on this tropical island. September is the first -ber month, hence the beginning of my Christmas crazy families countdown to the holidays. I love Fall. I love coffee. I love anything pumpkin, especially the Starbucks pumpkin spice latte that comes out in September every year. I'm not sure yet if they get them over here yet, I sure hope so. But, if not I have a back up. I haven't tried this yet because I don't have an espresso machine, but I'm thinking I may have to invest in one.

Check out this Pumpkin Spice Latte recipe my MIL showed me.

Ingredients:
3 tablespoons canned pumpkin
2 tablespoons vanilla-flavored syrup
1/4 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
1 cup milk
3 ounces espresso (1-2 shots)

In a small saucepan, stir pumpkin puree into milk. Add vanilla syrup and pumpkin pie spice. Heat gently, continuing to stirring occasionally just until steaming and foam begins to appear. Pour pumpkin flavored milk into a tall mug and pour espresso over. Top with whip cream and a dash of pumpkin pie spice. Note: If you like it slightly sweeter; add a bit of vanilla flavored coffee cream.

4 comments:

Becca said...

Oh how yummy!! Thank you. Can't wait to try this now that I am actually in a climate that experiences seasons again :)

Kate A said...

OK, if you happen to get pumpkin puree and pumpkin pie spice in Okinawa, then I would request that you send them to me IMMEDiately. I can't get them here, and it makes me want to slap Brisbane. If the city of Brisbane had a face, I would seriously think about it.

Nancy said...

Hi! I just found your blog last week. I am in Japan too, but on the mainland. I haven't made it out to Okinawa yet- but it's on my list of places to go before we leave!
Oooh I miss the pumpkin spice lattes from Starbucks! The fraps in that flavor are good too! I am going to have to check out Starbucks here and see if they have them...

Unknown said...

Just had the frap, but now I am making the recipe I just gave you. It sounds even better reading it again. So glad you now have an espresso machine. Fall is so luscious. The best people are born in the fall, you know. :)