Monday, August 27, 2012

Sayonara Bolaven

We've been hunkered down here for the past two days with this not so welcome guest storming right over top of our little island:

I went out to help get the barn ready for the storm and it was amazing how calm and beautiful it was.  You'd never know two huge storms were looming out in the Pacific. The surfers were certainly out enjoying the big surf pre-storm. 





Looks like the rain has finally subsided tonight, and I'm glad to say sayonara to this this big 'ol thing.  I've been through quite a few typhoons on this island at this point and when these storm roll through I suddenly get quite grateful that the Okinawan's favor ugly, concrete bunker type buildings instead of our pretty American ones they tend to blow over in hurricane winds. 

It's only been 2 days, but I'm so incredibly ready to get out of my apartment and I want to go see my boys at the barn!


No comments: