Saturday, November 24, 2012

Happy Thanksgiving!

 I have so much to be thankful for.  This year more than ever!  We went for a wonderful run before having an amazing Thanksgiving meal with our friends at a neighbors house this year.  This whole long weekend has been so relaxing and full of happiness.  We decorated for Christmas, read, napped and went for a walk on a chilly evening. 

Since our time here in Okinawa is coming to a close in a few months everything has suddenly become bitter sweet thinking of the things and people I will miss.  But, it's also so exciting to think about being back in FL and back closer to family and friends.  Time seems to be moving by so slowly, but I hardly mind because I love this holiday time of year!  I'm coming to the end of my time teaching out at the stable.  It's time for the new group of wonderful ladies to take over and for me to make a graceful exit.  As hard as things were sometimes the last 3 years, I think I've had a fantastic Okinawa experience.  It will be a great last couple of months here too.  I'm so fortunate to be able to stop working a bit early so I can just relax and enjoy the last little bit on this little island. While I'm thankful for my time here, I am so thankful it is coming to a close.  I'm ready for the next chapter and ready to not live on the other side of the world. 
 
So, this weekend I am feeling very blessed, surrounded by love near and far and so happy and excited about what the future holds.    

1 comment:

Mom said...

Beautifully said, my dear!! You have been so fortunate to have been able to enjoy your OK life. The blessings of the past and future be with you always. Love and kisses to you and Brad, Mom