Monday, March 31, 2014

9 months - 3/4 birthday!

 Somehow, someway my baby is 3/4 of a year old already.  Time has never gone by faster. 
 Paxton's awesome personality is really shining through.  He is such a chill, happy dude.  He's starting to babble and his little voice is the sweetest I've ever heard. 
 This is a happy face I swear.  It was probably accompanied by a sound that resembles a zombie.

 Paxton is pretty much just huge.  At his 9 month check up he was 26.6 lbs and 30.5" long. 
 The biggest things to note that happened the last month is that he quit nursing.  And I became a slave to my pump.  I tried everything to get him nursing again, but Pax is pretty clear and also very stubborn about the things he wants and doesn't want.  And he doesn't want the boob anymore.  I went through a good week of being pretty much in tears about it.  I wish I had known that our time was so limited and I keep thinking about how if only I had known that it was going to be the very last morning I was going to be able to pull him into bed with me and snuggle him a little longer and savor it just a little more.  I took him to the doctor, I consulted the LC, I asked friends, I Googled, but I couldn't get him going again.  So, he's happy as a clam getting bottles and I'm miserable having to pump all the time, but for him it's worth it.  It's annoying having to pump and deal with bottles, but it's really only for a short while longer.  Because somehow my baby is a whole NINE months old.  His pediatrician and I talked about starting cows milk a little early too, so that will really help me not have to stress about pumping so much for as long. 

 This month we started brushing all 6 of his teeth and he is such a good boy about it.  He also drinks water out of a sippy cup like a champ.
On the plus side, him quitting nursing has really helped us get onto a better, more structured schedule.  With having limited quantities of breast milk he's restricted on his intake and he's no longer just allowed to nurse whenever, so that enabled us to figure out a good daily schedule.
 He is getting 3 meals a day and 3 bottles a day now.  Big boy loves his food!  I think his favorite right now are blueberries and kiwi. 

 Just look at that fluff on top of his head!  His hair has been really growing.  He has long tufts right behind his ears and I love it so much. 
 Paxton loves: music and dancing along, bath time, the kitty, saying da-da-da, blowing raspberries, swinging in the tree swing, running with mom and dad in the BOB, and doing things himself. He's still a great sleeper at sleeps from about 7:30pm - 7:30 am and usually will take 2 naps a day.

 Fattest baby legs ever. It's so awesome.
 For his 3/4 birthday present he got a new big boy walker toy.  He loves playing with the toy part, but hasn't quite figured out the whole walk and push the toy part.  He likes to walk holding on to our fingers though!
We are all booked and set to go celebrate Paxton's first birthday (and my 30th birthday and the 4th of July) up in Maine at my parents lake cabin and I couldn't be more excited! 

No comments: