Sunday, March 23, 2014

Beach Day!


Yesterday was an incredibly gorgeous day with lots of sunshine and a perfect temperature. We packed up the astonishingly huge amount of things necessary for the afternoon and only had to return back to the house once for something once we finally did manage to leave. We went down to Pensacola Beach to try somewhere new for lunch and decided on Red Fish Blue Fish.  This place was awesome.  We ordered up a round of Corona's with lime, fish tacos and enjoyed the live music right on the beach. 

After lunch we headed out to the beach to hang out for a couple hours.   


He looks like such a little boy to me these days!


I brought the nice camera and wanted to get some nice pictures of our beach baby.  Too bad we didn't get a picture of the 3 of us together!


I handed the camera over to Brad and he made me feel so good in my bikini to help counteract my lack of self confidence.  My body-after-baby is nothing I would ever brag about and it is far from perfect, but I feel so in awe over what our bodies are capable of.  My body has undergone a massive transformation in the last year from being massively pregnant, having my c-section and then going down that long road of recovery.  And here I am almost 9 months postpartum. My belly button is never going to be the same.  My thighs are huge, but hey, they are strong and they are going to carry me 13.1 miles next weekend. I have lopsided boobs from only nursing on one side and haven't had a manicure or pedicure since Pax was born.  But, he is my sun and my stars and I would do it all again in a heartbeat.










 "My body is only a vessel for my spirit. An incredible vessel. It is strong, well, abled, and undefeated.
My body is full of life.
My body is powerful.
My body made me a mother. "


My boys.  My whole world! 

2 comments:

Mary said...

You are BEAUTIFUL, my dear! Inside and out.

Paxton is looking pretty good too. Love his hat. :)

Melanie! said...

You look amazing momma! Baby boys are worth it all! :)