Saturday, April 9, 2011

Wanted this Spring

Spring is in full swing around here and with it comes the desire for some new, fresh duds in pretty spring colors. Here are a few things on my Spring Wish List - Equestrian Edition:




The polo wraps, polo shirt and gloves can be found on Jeffers. The riding pants are Kerrits. And the saddle is the old edition Isabelle, my fav saddle.

I got those adorable pink pony boots from my parents today! I love them. Perfect, and just what I needed because I'm going through boots out here like crazy. These are so cute, I hope they last a long time!

And just to update you on the Makoto situation... most of all, the thing highest on my wish list is for him to get better. His hock will most likely stay swollen, permanently. His injury is most likely due to over work (a 2 1/2 hour + work out from a Japanese person, ridden hard and incorrectly), resulting in a blew-out tendon or capped hock. He had 2 weeks off, plus some. He is fortunately sound. This past week I got on him twice to check the hock and see how he's feeling with some extra weight. He was feeling great. Really ready to run! On the days I didn't ride he ran around in the arena a bit with his buddies and he even jumped a small jump all on his own. So, we'll just take it slow and see how it goes. I actually cried when I got to ride him again, even just at the walk. I adore this horse!


I've enjoyed my week off from lessons. Sure, I still went up to take care of Makoto and check on everything, but it was a nice break. All the American instructors take a week off after the show to give the hard working boys a break. I totally spoiled myself this week with a massage, facial, mani and pedi! I got a ton of things done this week and I feel caught up with life again. I have one more week off because ... we're going to CHINA!! We leave tomorrow morning, so I'll see you all when I get back. Eeeee so excited!

No comments: