Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Hope's Visit

My little sister from my college sorority came to visit me in Okinawa last week! She was the first visitor I've had and it was great to finally use my guest room and take her around to my favorite Oki sights.

We had a totally jam packed week. Since we only had about a week we had to be picky on what made the list of Top Must Sees.

Aquarium - duh. This place rocks. Dolphin/whale show, sea turtles, sea horses and a giant, huge floor to ceiling aquarium tank. Awesomeness.

Forest Adventure Park - zip lining!

Cape Zanpa - lighthouse and beach picnic

Cocok's pedicures

Mihara Horse Club - (my work!) My friend got to ride twice and of course we had to take a trip down to the beach to swim with the horses.

Chula-U Onsen (hot spring) - Yes, we did the naked part and all!

Mihama American Village

Snorkeling at Maeda Point

Hiking Tadake Falls

Day boat trip on Destiny Charters to snorkel the Karama Islands

Former Japanese Headquarters

Peace Prayer Park

Naha Kokusai Street


Food! We did a lot of eating, of course.

Pineapple Park - pineapple wine tasting, pineapple ice cream and free samples! I have yet to buy a ticket to the park, I just like going to the store area and sampling. Is this bad?! The store is huge and sells mass quantities of everything pineapple. We came away with some sweet sparkling pineapple wine, pineapple chocolate covered pineapple cookies, and a dragon fruit.
Bagels at Cactus Eatrip
Sam's By the Sea
Transit
Pizza in the Sky
Arin Krin Garlic House - I have a horrifying story to tell you about our meal here.
Ukishima Garden - this is my new favorite place. I love it so much it will get a post all to itself!

It was an incredibly busy and fun week. Even though I still worked, I feel like I got a stay-cation during her vacation. It was wonderful getting to catch up with my dear friend again. I took a ton of pictures, but here is a slideshow movie of some of my favorites.



Right now I need to be packing and getting ready for my Mt. Fuji trip! My friends and I leave for Tokyo tomorrow morning and climb on Saturday. Wish me luck! I'll tell you all about it when I get back.

1 comment:

Julie said...

It is so amazing to me that all this is on that island. I don't remember any of this; it must have all been built in the years since we were there. You guys certainly have no lack in finding things to do. I know your friend was treated to all the best Oki has to offer!