Tuesday, March 31, 2015

Riding with Olympian Imtiiaz Anees



On March 23, 15 I had the amazing opportunity to participate in a clinic and take a lesson with Olympian Imti Anees AND to ride my friend Rachel's amazing and talented Friesian/Shire mare, Libby.  I tried Libby for a few minutes the day before the clinic and I wasn't worried at all about riding a new horse.  She was an angel the whole time.  I got some wonderful pointers and feedback from Imti.  I was worried about riding with him since I haven't had a lesson in so long and I didn't know if he would totally destroy me, but he was wonderful.  Easy to understand, down to Earth, wonderful mentality and attitude towards the horses and riders.  He had the amazing ability to really read the situation and do/say exactly what was needed.  It was an incredibly uplifting, motivating and incredible ride and I'll never forget how wonderful it felt to be told by a top rider "Yes, I love this." 








No comments: