Friday, March 13, 2015

Auntie Mame comes to town!

My wonderful, amazing sister Mary came down to visit for a week while Brad was out of town for 3 weeks and pretty much right before she moves to BALI, so the timing couldn't have been more perfect. We got to spend some awesome quality time doing some fun stuff around Pensacola and just enjoying each others company doing nothing and relaxing on the couch binge watching Supernatural at night. 

The first night she was here we headed down to Pensacola Beach.  We grabbed a beer to watch the sun go down on the beach before we had dinner at Crabs. 


















I was looking for things for us to do and came across this Exotic Bird Rescue that was only about 15 minutes from my house.  We thought Paxton would enjoy it, so we decided to check it out.  They had over 100 rescued birds that were being rehabilitated for adoption.  We got a tour from a very friendly volunteer and it was so surprising to see how the birds were affectionate with him and really knew him! We got to feed them peanuts as our guide took us around. 













 The next day Mary was kind enough to stay home while Paxton napped while I went off and did my half marathon training.  When I came home she had a Mexican feast ready to go complete with homemade margaritas!


That night after we put Pax to bed we let an Uber take us downtown for a girls night out.  We started off at the Wine Bar, enjoyed a cheese plate and a bottle of Prosecco. And then we went over to the Piano Bar and sang along to the dueling pianos.  




I loved to see two of the people I love most together.  It was so sweet to see how much Pax and my sister love each other!! 

Bayview Park and a picnic by the water:





Dinner at Flounders:






Brunch at Constant Coffee:



Playing in the yard with Pax:



We tried to get fire wood from the store, but they were out.  Mary wasn't deterred and collected a huge pile of sticks from my back yard and we were able to have a fire after all! 



Native Cafe breakfast and playing at the beach:















We had such a fantastic time! I really wish she could be here all the time!!! We love you Auntie Mame! 


No comments: