Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Come on in!

We've been moved in to our apartment in the Kinser towers for about 2 months now. I didn't picture myself living on base in the towers for our 3 years here, but I think we've done a pretty good job making the best out of our situation. I would love to have you all over for a big house warming party, but since most of our friends and family won't ever make it half way around the world to come visit us while we're in Okinawa I thought I'd invite you in by giving a little video tour of our place.

For those of you who are on your way here, you can get an idea of what to expect tower housing to be like and you can see the numerous pieces of government furniture we are borrowing during our time here. Because of the weight restriction we couldn't bring a lot of our furniture, but we did bring our couches and our bed.

I still have a lot I'd like to do with the apartment, but so far we're pretty cozy and it is starting to feel more like home every day.

3 comments:

Mary said...

I have no idea why but watching this video made me all emotional and stuff. Good thing I'm at work (not really)! :)

Your place is beautiful. Thanks so much for posting this!

Unknown said...

Oh my gosh! Its huge! the wall painting makes all the difference huh? I love all the little Eve-esk touches through out the apartment with the fresh plants and sunflower decorations! You have done a wonderful job making that house a homie-home. Thats amazing that B-rad has a man cave and you can have pink in the bathroom ;)
Hopefully someday i can come jump on the guest bed
love it eviepie

shopgirl said...

Hey Eve,

I don't know anything about military life, but it must be very interesting. I had always thought that flats in Japan and Korea were small, but your place is quite big. It's very sweet of you to share a view of your world.

Look forward to reading more. Hope you're having a lovely weekend!

Rambles with Reese