Sunday, June 20, 2010

Kokusai Street

This weekend we explored this lively and colorful shopping street in Naha. Kokusai Street has it all from shopping, food and Okinawan culture. Check out this video for more information.





Kokusai Street or International Street is often called the "Heartbeat of Okinawa" because of the crowds that flock here. The street is lined with hotels, retail stores, malls, souvenir shops, bars and restaurants.









We walked up and down the street, peeked into shops and window shopped. It was hot as blazes, so we stopped for a break and got a bite to eat and enjoyed cold beers in the shade. Guys were providing us with street music for entertainment in addition to watching the people pass by.






This mile long street is also the location for many events and festivals throughout the year, so I look forward to going back!

2 comments:

maryandsean said...

I love Kokusai street myself. Looks like you found all the good places to go thee!

Unknown said...

I'm happy. I'm happy. I'm happy! Love that and all these pics. They tell such a story of love and adventure. I love Sky. Good for you.