Sunday, July 4, 2010

4th Fun

Happy 4th of July everyone!

Holidays always make me sentimental and nostalgic, make me think of what I was doing last year at this time, of other special 4th of Julys of my past. Last year Boots and I celebrated my birthday and the 4th in Austin, TX. It was a blast. Growing up, my family often took it's summer vacation during my birthday and the 4th of July, so I am filled with memories of watching 4th of July fireworks zipped into a sweatshirt on Maine coast with my family. I remember lobster and onion rings. Rowing boats across a lake smooth as glass and then jumping in with my sister as we laughed and laughed. Countless wonderful memories. This year I added to these, we just spent a fun day with friends and topped off the day watching fireworks from our apartment rooftop.





Wishing you all a happy and fun 4th of July!

2 comments:

Mary said...

One of my favorite memories too. :) Happy 4th!

Unknown said...

We had our first fireworks in three years. Such a fun holiday.