Thursday, November 25, 2010

Happy Turkey Day

This year (as usual) I have so much to be thankful for! I am so thankful for my amazing family and spending a holiday apart that usually means togetherness and tradition makes me miss them deep down in my core. But, I'm thankful for my husband who is home and I'm so glad that we were able to be together. I am so thankful for my good Oki friends and we got to spend the day celebrating together eating turkey and all of the traditional Thanksgiving foods. I contributed a sweet potato casserole, green bean casserole and a apple pie. Jess was the perfect hostess and I am in love with her little baby boy!


Definitely enjoying the seasonal foods. Earlier in the week I made skinny(er) stuffing with whole wheat bread and turkey sausage and a pasta dish with a creamy pumpkin sauce. I saw this interesting recipe in a magazine while getting a pedicure last week and decided to try it. It was really good! Even my hubs who isn't a huge pumpkin fan chowed down on this.

Pasta with Pumpkin Sauce
1 lb pasta (I used whole wheat)
1 1/2 c broccoli florets
8 oz turkey sausage
1 tsp pumpkin pie spice
1 1/4 c fat free half and half
1 c canned cooked pumpkin
2 Tbsp brown sugar
1/4 tsp salt
Cook pasta adding broccoli 3 min before pasta is done. Meanwhile, cook sausage in large skillet over med-high heat, breaking up with a spoon until cooked. Drain fat. Stir in pumpkin pie spice; cook 1 min. Stir in half and half, pumpkin, sugar and salt. Heat mixture to boiling and cook 1 min longer. Drain pasta and broccoli. Return to pot. Add sauce and toss to mix.

Wishing you and yours a very happy Thanksgiving!

2 comments:

Rei said...

Hi! I found your blog through Skinnie Piggie! I love your cute blog! Can't wait to read more. I've been slacking on my blog so you might not find much but it's nice to meet you!

Mary said...

Happy Thanksgiving Sweetie! I love your fall colors. :)