Saturday, May 9, 2015

Kate's Glittery Gold Bridal Shower

As my best friends Matron of Honor I had the honor of throwing her a bridal shower while I was visiting.  My parents were gracious enough to open up their home for us and will hopefully forgive me for the gold glitter that will no doubt be in their house until the end of time.

I decided to do a Champagne Brunch with white, black and gold theme.
Bubbly Bar! I had orange, acai and orange mango juices to go with the bubbly and sparkling water.  I also had coffee and iced tea in a separate area.
The screened in porch, the best room in the house!

Living room and the mantle.  I spray painted frame and the K&P gold and I coated the vase with mod podge and gold glitter. 



This was the table as you walked in. My friend made the favors - black and gold chocolates in little gold bags.

Candy table, mostly because I wanted a reason to use those amazing blue bowls.


Glitter, glitter everywhere.  I glittered the flower vases and lots of little candle jars.


Gift table



"Love is sweet, please take a treat!" The dessert table had French madelines, brownie bites, pound cake, and chocolate covered strawberries. My friend brought an amazing Cheesecake Factory chocolate peanut butter cheese cake for that cake plate.  I glittered the food label frames for all our food items.
The menu:
Quiche Loraine - with turkey bacon and local, pasture raised eggs
Spinach and Ricotta Tart - with local pasture raised eggs
Veggie Breakfast Casserole (thanks to my wonderful friend!)
Raspberry, apple and cheese danish
Berry bowl with blueberries, strawberries, raspberries and blackberries and fresh whipped cream
Panera bagels with berry cream cheese and wild Maine blueberry jam or wild smoked sockeye salmon, cream cheese, capers and red onion.

Even the cuttlery was glittery.


Another bridesmaid that lives far away and couldn't make it to the shower made a fun game for the shower.  She recorded herself asking Paul (Kate's fiance) a question then we would pause the video and let Kate guess his answer and then we'd press play again and Paul would answer.  Kate did amazingly well and got almost every one correct! The other bridesmaid made a game of each guest writing a story about Kate and Paul while Kate was opening up her presents and it turned out so cute and everyone got a good laugh.

I didn't get to take any during photos since I was using my phone to play the music, but I love how everything turned out and I think everyone had a good time. And most importantly I think my friend and bride-to-be felt loved and appreciated.

College lady friends.  Lauren, Aliya, the bride-to-be Kate and me.

Kate's bridesmaid, Tori, Kate and me.

My wonderful mommy and amazing hostess and party thrower extraordinaire, Kate and me. Couldn't have done it without you, Mom! 

I had so much fun putting this party together.  I think it turned out to be a sparkling success. And now if only I can get over the urge to GLITTER ALL THE THINGS! 


While the shower was going on at the house Brad, my dad and Paxton went out to the park and had a great time playing on the playground and riding the train and carousel. 







No comments: