Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Oh the weather outside is frightful

But, the fire is so delightful. Well, the candles that smell like Christmas are delightful and Brad even got me a candle from Cracker Barrel of all places that smells like a fire in the fireplace and makes quiet crackling sounds. The weather is frightful outside, but no white stuff for us. It's rainy and windy and generally icky out. And since I woke up at 7am today and every day this week for no reason I've got Christmas music on, my Christmas cup full of coffee and delish seasonal coffee creamer and kind of enjoying this quiet rainy morning.

This is one of my many favorites! I walked down the aisle to Canon and even now it still gives me goose bumps. And I love this version with the little kids voices. Christmas is so magical for children and they bring so much joy to the season. I'm lucky enough to have a few riding students who are young enough to be very excited about Santa coming and tell me all about their Christmas Lists.




We're down to less than a week until Sydney! Eeeee so excited! I've tried to prepare myself as much as possible with internet research and planning with my guide books, but I still feel like this huge city is going to be overwhelming. I hope we get to see a lot of it! In Australia Christmas day lunch is the big thing at restaurants. And many restaurants are generally closed Christmas day per usual. I have had such a hard time finding a restaurant that's not fully booked. I was really starting to stress about it. But, hey, no worries. We were planning on going to Bondi Beach anyway, so why not pack a picnic. It's going to be great... if only it doesn't rain!

So, here is a peek of what Christmas looks like at our place! We had to get a fake Christmas tree this year, so I also had to buy a fancy expensive candle that kind of makes the house smell like we have a tree.


Gojou even gets his own mini tree on his cage and his own ornament.

1 comment:

Skinnie Piggie said...

Your house looks great! I love the fact that your little one has his own tree/ornament =)