Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Big Red


“Do you give the horse his strength or clothe his neck with a flowing mane? Do you make him leap like a locust, striking terror with his proud snorting? He paws fiercely, rejoicing in his strength, and charges into the fray. He laughs at fear, afraid of nothing; he does not shy away from the sword. The quiver rattles against his side, along with the the flashing spear and lance. In frenzied excitement he eats up the ground; he cannot stand still when the trumpet sounds.” – book of Job, quote at the beginning of Secretariat



Tonight it was so cold out while I was teaching lessons I decided to treat myself to a takeout bowl of soba. And on the way home I ran into the Shopette for something real quick and happened to see that Secretariat was out on blueray! Yessssss. Love. I loved this movie in the theatre and have been waiting for it to come out. This movie gives me goose bumps. My night just improved dramatically! Takeout, Secretariat and snuggling my lil hedgie lovey. Life is good. Life is amazing with horses. So lucky!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Oh my gosh, Eve, I was crying, laughing, yelling, cheering them on. I KNEW what was going to happen because we watched it happen back then, but I was still on the edge of my seat. Did you love her cameo at the end? Amazing woman. So inspiring to the world and especially her children to follow their hearts and make their dreams come true. I LOVE Big Red. Makes me appreciate the horses as I see those eyes, their personalities and human characteristics peeking through. Just amazing. So glad you have the show. I imagine you must have goose bumps through the entire show!