Sunday, January 30, 2011

Simple Pleasures

After getting my hair done and meeting MG, like I talked about in my last post, I was having such a nice day I decided to just keep it going. I went to the commissary to get my favorite brown rice veggie (non) sushi roll for lunch and saw something that I haven't seen in a long time. Raspberries. While I was waiting for my roll to be made up I stood over the berries and picked them up one by one, studying them and trying to figure out if they would be worth the $5 for a tiny carton. At first I put them down and said "oh if Brad were home I would." But, then I thought, why not, I'm going to splurge. I bought those $5 berries. I haven't had a fresh raspberry since we've come here... so, for like a year. In the states I would have only bought organic, but at this point I didn't even care. I ate every. Last. One. of those glorious berries one by one. In one sitting.

After buying my sushi and berries I made a stop on the way home at the flower shop. I hadn't bought flowers in a while, and since I was treating myself to a nice day I decided to buy myself flowers. Oh how my heart sings inside this tiny flower shop. I gaze moon eyed at the buckets overflowing with fresh, colorful flowers. The flowers are always very well priced, but yesterday I got an extra special deal: Y30 for a gerber daisy. Only. I bought 8 of them, all different colors. Brad gave them to me when we got engaged and now that's what they remind me of. I also bought my usual 3 sunflowers and some pretty yellow and pink astros that always seem to last forever. All for about $12. Oh, happy day.

1 comment:

Mary said...

That is 100% awesome Sweetheart. You deserve flowers and raspberries and sushi every day of the week. :)