Monday, January 17, 2011

You have to start somewhere

These videos were taken yesterday while I was schooling Makoto. Sticking true to my goals this year we're already working hard! I shed 3 layers - my jacket, sweater and vest from warm up until the end of our ride. I think he shows a lot of promise, but also needs a lot of consistent and patient work. And I see from the video I do as well. Videos are the best mirrors sometimes! So here is our progress at the beginning of this year. I think it will be fun to see the progression every so often throughout the year.





I think Makoto is such a pretty horse, even if his head IS really small. I think there must be Arab in there somewhere. I have no idea what his breed or mix is. I do know that he was once a race horse in mainland Japan.

No comments: