Saturday, January 1, 2011

A Toast to You

In the New Year, may your right hand always be stretched out in friendship but never in want.

I know you all are waiting with abated breath for the Australia posts, and they are coming, I promise, but first a (Irish, the best kind) toast to you!

There are good ships,
and there are wood ships,
The ships that sail the sea.
But the best ships, are friendships,
And may they always be.


And in case you need something to toast with here is a delish champagne punch recipe. I mixed up a batch yesterday and I just love it. And it's pink, so yeah it's awesome. It makes a lot, so I usually half the recipe unless I'm having a party... or hoping for a hangover the next day.

1 quart ginger ale, chilled
1 750 ml bottle sparkling cranberry juice
1 cup triple sec
1 cup brandy
2 750 ml bottles brut rose sparkling wine
1 lemon, halved length wise and sliced crosswise, for garnish

In a large punch bowl or pitcher stir together the ginger ale, cranberry juice, triple sec and brandy. Pour in the sparkling wine.

Last night we brought 2011 in with friends and drinks in abundance at a bar in Naha.



I hope you drank lots of champagne and got kissed at midnight! Happy 2011 everyone!

1 comment:

Mary said...

Happy New Year to you! Sounds like you had an amazing time and I am totally trying that punch. Folks were asking about you at New Bart's Eve!!