Thursday, March 24, 2011

Doggie Day

Last Sunday I was invited to a friends house for a girls afternoon and a puppy play date. While I was sans pup, I was reassured there would be an extra one for me to borrow. So, we all met up at my friends awesome off base apartment in Yomitan and then set off with the pups for a walk on the beach. Okinawa is pretty unusual and unique in that there is no zoning, or none that I can detect. Animal farms and vegetable farms are crammed into every available space between apartment buildings, shops and single family homes. As we walked down to the beach near Torii we passed beautiful homes, cows, sheep, ponies, farms growing all kinds of things, and flowers popping up out of every crack in the pavement or any available soil not being used for farming.



When we got down to the beach we let the pups go play as we collected shells and sea glass. The dogs had a ball playing together and running around in the water.



After our beach walk we dropped the dogs off and then went to my friends favorite soba shop for dinner. Delish! For dessert we walked to the bakery in the MaxValue and sampled some of the Japanese sweets. It was such a nice day and so good to hang out with my new friend and meet some new ladies. It was nice getting to play with the pups too, I miss having a dog so much!

No comments: