Thursday, December 20, 2012

It's Happened!

I am beyond elated and over-the-moon happy and excited that I am PREGNANT!!

My body must have really loved being in France because I came back to Okinawa and got pregnant right afterwards.  Brad and I were not trying by any means, but were also not doing anything to prevent pregnancy.  Just going with whatever happens happens.  But, the truth is I have wanted a baby so badly for forever.  I've always wanted to be a mom.

In the next couple weeks I noticed a few subtle changes in me and even took an early pregnancy test which came back negative.  But after missing my period for a couple days (and being able to smell everything!) when I suddenly woke up at 5:30am having to pee I grabbed another pregnancy test and totally expected it to be negative, but it wasn't.  I sat in the bathroom and cried happy tears rocking back and forth holding the test and kept looking at the results again and again to be sure what I was seeing wasn't a dream. 

Meanwhile Brad was still in bed wondering why I was in the bathroom so long.  I came out and got back in bed and he took a look at me and said "what's going on? You're being weird."  Since I knew it would be a shock and a surprise I didn't want to tell him right then, I wanted to make it special. 

For breakfast I had to make excuses for why I didn't want to eat the organic cheese (unpasteurized!) on my eggs, or the turkey bacon that I usually love.  For lunch I had to substitute my normal turkey sandwich for grilled chicken.  Oh already so many changes to get used to!

We already had plans to go out to my favorite vegan restaurant for dinner.  While we were out earlier in the day I found a frame that said "Why hello life changer" and thought it would be perfect to give to him that night with a picture of my positive pg test.  I also made him a funny card to go along with it.
Brad's like "wait... what?"


At the restaurant I was so nervous.  When I gave the card and frame to him I couldn't hold back my tears of happiness.  He said "you've got to be kidding me." I said "I'm pregnant!" and he gave me a big hug and kiss, but I think it took a good couple minutes to sink in! His reaction was pretty perfect, actually.

The next day I made Brad a thanks-for-knocking-me-up cake.

This week I went to the doctors office and they confirmed my at home results.  I really am pregnant.  I'm due July 3, 2013!! 

5 weeks on Halloween... so brand new! The fifth week of pregnancy, or the third week after conception, marks the beginning of the embryonic period.
Handing out candy - Halloween 2012

Oct 24 - Oct 30, 2012
How Far Along: 4 weeks
Size of baby: Baby is the size of an orange seed. Baby's brain, spinal cord, heart and other organs are beginning to form.
Total Weight Gain: None from the baby, but still had some left over from my France trip, oops. 
Maternity Clothes: Hopefully not for awhile, but I have a feeling I'm going to pop early.  Brad and I were both huge babies (+ 9 lbs!).
Gender: My preference is for a girl, Brad's is for a boy.  I will love either with my whole heart!  I just want to stay pregnant and have a healthy, happy baby. 
Movement: No movement from baby of course.  I'm trying to say moving though.  I'm still riding, running around during my lessons, going for relaxing runs and doing yoga.

Sleep: As good as it can possibly be after realizing your dream has come true!  So relaxed and happy.
What I miss: Homemade skinny margaritas with salt (to go with the taco salad mentioned below!)
Cravings: Taco Salad, organic chicken, and coffeeeee because I've had to majorly cut back.
Symptoms: I can smell everything, which can make me have a couple bouts of nausea here and there, but no morning sickness yet! 
What I’m looking forward to: I am so in love with this baby already.  I know it's early and I know that things can happen and that it's a vulnerable time for pregnancy.  So, we have told our parents, and our siblings, but we'll keep it a secret for a few more weeks.  OBGYN will see me starting at 10 weeks and then we can get our first ultrasound.  Until then I have 5 long weeks to wait.  I can't wait to see our baby for the first time. I can't wait to hear our baby's heart beat!  There really is so much to look forward to.  It's that wonderful holiday time of year and this baby is going to make it extra sweet and special.  We have an amazing vacation planned for the beginning of December and Brad will celebrate his 29th bday. 

No comments: